@#@!$%%#@! Pop ups

Any topic not related to the various forum categories
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

@#@!$%%#@! Pop ups

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Oaaky way OT.

I using both Chrome and Firefox and these pop up from topdeeal are driving me crazy. I haven't figured out how they get around the built in blockers. Plus in Firefox I also have AdBlock as an addon. This has just started n the past week or so any of you browser gurus HELP.
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: @#@!$%%#@! Pop ups

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ohio3Wheels wrote:Oaaky way OT.

I using both Chrome and Firefox and these pop up from topdeeal are driving me crazy. I haven't figured out how they get around the built in blockers. Plus in Firefox I also have AdBlock as an addon. This has just started n the past week or so any of you browser gurus HELP.
I just googled it, it is a pretty persistent malware usually brought to your PC through the installation of toolbars or other source so AdBlocker is not going to be a help, it is resident on your PC. The trouble with these things are that they don't have an uninstall file that will remove it easily.

Usually running the latest version of adwcleaner and then Malwarebyte will do it. Some sophisticated malware writes to your registry so that when deleted, they simple reinstall when the PC is restarted. This might take a special effort of eliminating the registry entry so fully read about what it takes.
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Malwarebytes Antimalware is in my experience a darned good product.

I just had to set up a machine for work and even the viral checkers wanted to install their own browser toolbars.
Conman

Post by Conman »

How do we get this to be a capital offense????

Nah, hanging is too good for these people!
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Thanks, I will look at the software. I went into Chrome's settings and found a spot where I could block specific addresses. So far this morning it seems to be working we'll have to see how long.
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image