BitBounce

Please start here!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

BitBounce

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've gotten to the point where I think I've seen it all as a forum admin, but have been encountering this as of late.

It's being sent to me in response to the registration email or if a member adds it to his email account, I receive it in response to some type of notification the member has selected (PM, email, topic notification, etc.). The long and short of it is, it isn't going to happen.

In that individuals registering dosen't receive the registration email with the activation link, BitBounce is holding it back, their registration effort will be deleted in 10 days.

If I receive the ransom demand from a registered user that has added BitBounce, I will ban their account until they confirm that they have added the forum's email (ranchdogoutdoors.com) to their BitBounce whitelist. No effort will be made by me to satisfy BitBounce other to punch ban or unban.
Michael
Nashville Stage

Re: BitBounce

Post by Nashville Stage »

Oh, that's funny. It takes panhandling & extortion to a new level.

I think they missed the mark, though. They should have upped the price and changed the message to have a Bronx accent. "Ya know, it would be a shame if your email *accidentally* got discarded by that nasty new spam filter... those things are awful. Tell ya what, hire me & I'll make sure your email gets da personal protection it deserves. It'll only cost ya... $1 an email. What a bargain, eh?"

If nothing else, that filter will have one effect for sure...

It'll reduce the amount of email that person gets. ;)
dalek

Post by dalek »

That sounds like a fine way to fight net neutrality. Want to have your packets pass through this network? It will cost ya!
TinMan
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by TinMan »

.................uh, no...........
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I'm not shocked after photobucket did its dirty move on us users. I expect more of this to come.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!