New M92 45 LC

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Groovy101

New M92 45 LC

Post by Groovy101 »

I ordered a M92 45 LC big loop with A16 inch barrel,after 3 weeks it came in I was dissapointed in the quality. The wood on the forend was dimpled like someone used a punch to put about 5 holes in one area. My gunshop called Rossi they wanted
The rifle sent back.,they wouldn't ship a new forend .So I opted to just get a replacement rifle sent from my gun shops distributer. Now they have to wait for a RMA. And I have to wait another 2 weeks or so. I called Rossi customer service to see if they could help expedite but got no where. Not Happy
Last edited by Groovy101 on 12 Jan 2013 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: New M92 45 LCD

Post by akuser47 »

Sorry to hear about your purchase. It is a toss of the dice to order online I hope it gets sorted out for you.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

Sorry to hear..I hope your next gun is better

I just don't understand Rossi.. Where's the QC at? Its not like these things are coming off the line 5 a minute..

Did you see the magic phone number on my thread? Not sure it will help but you could call and raise a stink.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

golfish wrote:Sorry to hear..I hope your next gun is better

I just don't understand Rossi.. Where's the QC at? Its not like these things are coming off the line 5 a minute..

Did you see the magic phone number on my thread? Not sure it will help but you could call and raise a stink.
Par for the course.
If the steel components were solid and true I would have kept it.
A little plastic wood, some sand paper, elbow grease and varnish or linseed oil would probably have fixed that stock and it would have looked better than any off the rack Rossi.
Because of the way the forearms are forced and torqued on at the factory it would likely have needed some work for a proper fit anyway.
A lot less aggravation than dealing with Braztech customer service and winding up with a botched repair after a 3 month wait.
An afternoons work would have that gun in working order and ready for the range.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Groovy101

Re: New M92 45 LC

Post by Groovy101 »

I plan on,refinishing the wood anyway with Truoil or watco oil,I am a beliver that you should get what you pay for,if there are any dings in the wood....
I want to be the one that puts them there. I should have my replacement Rifle next week and have already purchased Steve Gunzs kit to make my
Rifle perform better.
Thanks
Rich