LSI Puma parts

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

LSI Puma parts

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've been sweating a order for various parts for my Braztech LSI Puma chambered in 480 Ruger. Just thought it might be an issue as the serial number is "invalid" with the online search.

Ended up being no issue at all, the rep told me when the rifle was built and parts have been purchased without a hassle. The rep also noted "not many of these out there!"

Posted via Tapatalk while hunting!
Michael
Pepe Ray
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: LSI Puma parts

Post by Pepe Ray »

Michael;
Clarification please."
parts for my Braztech LSI Puma chambered in 480 Ruger"
I have guns marked LSI but NOT Braztech. Have they become one?
Pepe Ray
Salvation is ONLY through JESUS.
Freedom is ONLY through ETERNAL VIGILANCE and SACRIFICE.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Here's the chronology.
First there was Amadeo Rossi.
Then the 92s made by Amadeo Rossi were sold under contract by LSI as PUMA rifles.
Taurus bought Amadeo Rossi, cancelled the contact with LSI and sold the rifles under the Braztech brand name.
Apparently the new company Braztech has disavowed responsibility for any guns made prior to the Taurus acquisition. :evil:
You even have to supply the serial number of a Braztech made rifle to buy parts. :evil:
Other than the pigtail bolt safety and the price there have been few changes since the Amadeo days.
Quality control is non-existent and customer service is amateurish & shoddy. :evil:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Pepe Ray wrote:Michael;
Clarification please."
parts for my Braztech LSI Puma chambered in 480 Ruger"
I have guns marked LSI but NOT Braztech. Have they become one?
Pepe Ray
Pepe, your serial number is very close to mine and I suspect it is a Braztech rifle. You have the pigtail safety don't you? If so, it is.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Addendum:
Braztech/Rossi no longer supplies model 92 rifles to LSI.
The 92 clones that are currently sold by LSI under the moniker PUMA are made under contract by Chiappa of Italy.
The Chiappa made PUMA rifles are very high quality and considerably more expensive than Braztech R92s.
I own a Chiappa 92 (a Mare's Leg in 44 Mag) and can personally attest to the fact that it is a very attractive firearm with beautiful walnut furniture, superb workmanship, impeccable w/m fit & flawless functionality right out of the box.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:Apparently the new company Braztech has disavowed responsibility for any guns made prior to the Taurus acquisition. :evil:
Honestly, I don't blame them. If I where a business, I would not want responsibility for them either. It is just something that isn't done. Lee Precision is picking up my bullet designs. One thing that might have to happen is that I drop my support web site that contains the loading data, they don't want the responsibility. I understand that in light of the times we live in.
pricedo wrote:You even have to supply the serial number of a Braztech made rifle to buy parts. :evil:
No doubt this could improve. I asked about online parts yesterday and they said they are working on it. It is very time consuming and costly for a telephone operator to spend 30 minutes to sell you $1 worth of screws.
pricedo wrote:Other than the pigtail bolt safety and the price there have been few changes since the Amadeo days.
Quality control is non-existent and customer service is amateurish & shoddy. :evil:
I really disagree with this! Nothing could be further from the truth!
I have purchased 10 new Braztech rifles in the last 12 months, there is nothing amateurish or shoddy with the manufacturer of the rifles. I own 14 Taurus handguns and the same can be said for them. Given the price range these firearms fit in, they are above average in workmanship. We forum members, as enthusiasts, tinker and make improvements as we see fit. It is what we as a hobby. The average Rossi owner just wants a firearm that functions and shoots and Braztech manufacturers firearms that do that.

Based on my purchasing experience this year, I can also tell you that things have improved as Braztech gains experience with the rifles. The last two I have received, both fresh off the boat at the time of purchase, needed nothing other than the shipping grease removed. I got up at 4 this morning to work on my latest, the 357 Scout rifle, as I want to hunt with it this weekend. I took it apart and even my "hot button", the barrel band fit, was perfect.

The customer service agents I have spoke with on the telephone have all been professional and friendly. On an average over the last two years I have probably talked to them about something at least every three weeks. There is no doubt in my mind that they want to get things done and do everything they can to see that accomplished.

There has been two warranty issues noted here on the forum that have definitely been out of line, both with Rio Grande 45-70s. The topics on the forum are pretty much hit and runs as the members have not bothered to offer updates. I've asked about both and one came back and reported the issue cleared about six week prior. That rifle took 5 months to get back. The fellow that sent the rifle back for the stock crack has not updated the info concerning his warranty claim. You made it clear that you would not have sent either back and so would not have had issue with Braztech's customer service. I offered the advise to send the stock problem back and that ended up being bad advise. I would have recovered the rifle in short order, corrected or not, and had not let it sit in Florida.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

My 3 Rossi 92s & SxS 12 gauge Coachgun are Amadeo Rossis.
I do own a Rio Grande levergun in 30-30 Winchester that I am exceedingly well pleased with that was made by Braztech.........only minor cleaning & polishing required here. :D
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:I do own a Rio Grande levergun in 30-30 Winchester that I am exceedingly well pleased with that was made by Braztech.........only minor cleaning & polishing required here. :D
I really feel bad about that advise I gave to send the cracked stock rifle back and won't do it again. This is something that the individual must decide on their own I suspect. My advise in the future is if you are not buying the gun face to face, buy it through a Davidson's dealer. I don't care what it is, Rossi, Marlin, Winchester..., that is what I'm doing and will continue to do.
Michael