Rossi Still Has My Rio Grande ~ Still Has It!

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rossi Still Has My Rio Grande ~ Still Has It!

Post by Ranch Dog »

That's incredible jb. The one thing I've learned is that you are likely to get a different story every time you call. Even though I'm happy with my three RGs, I don't know how they hope to sell them as they have a terrible reputation and with Henry coming on strong, I just see anything offered in this country as second fiddle. I Henry were to offer a 92, it would be all over.

Steve, I think you did good by going with the Henry. Like anything nowadays, they can have problems once in the consumer's hands but at least they correct those issues quickly. I hope the new Henry Single Shot has a falling block action like the Ruger No 1 and not the top break of economy single shots.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

jb, I think you said that you were in or near Houston. Have you ever been my Ranger Point Precision? My sister lives just a few minutes from them. The next time I visit her I'm going to take my RG chambered in 30-30 Win to them to see if they will rechamber it to the Ackley Improved. I would like to use my 165-grain 300 Savage cast bullet with it.
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I never considered owning a rifle that simply was not repairable as the parts are incompatible with any other rifle- -and only made in such short
There are perhaps more of those out there than you think, especially used or discontinued or surplus guns where parts may not be readily available. Sometimes you can get aftermarket replacements or Numrich may have purchased the spares and have what you need or something but it doesn't always happen that way. Sometimes you can have a part 'fixed' by welding on it or you can have a replacement fabricated but again it isn't something that's always easy.