Rossi 92 Carbine goes for a repair.

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Rossi 92 Carbine goes for a repair.

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I've haven't shot any Perfecta, but reports from friends and acquaints say it seems "dirtier" than other commercial rounds. They say more trash in the bores and more in the actions. Then again one shooter's dirty is another works just fine. i expect my guns to need cleaning at the end of the day and I guess with some BP thrown in dirty is relative :) .

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
dalek

Post by dalek »

No bulges. I am cleaning the 357 cases right now. After they are dried I will inspect the brass. As I was putting them to dry I want to say none of the perfect brass had the nicks; only the reload and the 38Sp. That could be due to bullet shape or aliens from outer space.

I also looked at the barrel and did not realize it has a bit of a square side ramp protruding out of the breech. I will try to get a good picture of that. Oh, NVM: I've already took picture of the ramp in a previous post:
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Ohio3Wheels wrote:I've haven't shot any Perfecta, but reports from friends and acquaints say it seems "dirtier" than other commercial rounds. They say more trash in the bores and more in the actions. Then again one shooter's dirty is another works just fine. i expect my guns to need cleaning at the end of the day and I guess with some BP thrown in dirty is relative :) .

Make smoke,
I've shot some in .308 and in .223. The very first round refused to chamber and on looking it over the .308 FMJ bullet wasn't seated to the same depth as the rest of the box. One of the guys on another site said he's been unhappy trying to reload any of the .223 brass as the flash hole is so far off center he had to punch it out with a punch as it'd break the pin on a decapping die. Based on those two experiences I've decided not to pick up any more.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I perfecta in 9mm it seems dirty but no worse than wally whit box 9mm Winchester fotter either. I had no issues with it in 9mm.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!