New from PA, I just couldnt do it O_o

This forum is for members to relate their RossiUSA customer service experience, both good and bad, but it must be done in a reasonable and civil fashion. Rants will be moderated. Newly Registered Members with five (5) or fewer posts...
Forum rules
  • This site is not associated with RossiUSA/Braztech nor is RossiUSA/Braztech responsible for this site's content nor do they or any of their representatives participate on this forum!
  • Rants will be moderated.
  • To participate in this forum, you must have more than five (5) posts.
WiCK3D_SiX

New from PA, I just couldnt do it O_o

Post by WiCK3D_SiX »

Hey all, new from south central PA (Lancaster area for anyone local). Finally got my hands on a revolver again after swaying to the dark side (semi-auto's :-P) Had a S&W SD9VE and sold it for a Glock 22 Gen 2. Couldnt quite place it but something wasnt right. Frankly, I got tired of hearing about trigger control, stance etc. Ive never had a problem hitting what I aimed at with a revolver, and my side-arm will follow me to my ACT 235, and daily concealed carry. So its gotta be something I feel I can depend on. So, off to the local mom n pop shop to strike up a deal (assuming I could find something I liked :-). After tossing around a few handguns, I finally settled on a Rossi R97104 .357 Magnum. Couldnt be happier. Conceales far better, rides better (no digging into me or getting in the way) and still packs the punch I want. Couldnt be happier and Im anxious to learn more about these pistols and hit the range ASAP! +guns
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New from PA, I just couldnt do it O_o

Post by Ranch Dog »

Greetings WiCK3D_SiX, glad you signed up and it is good to see a member with a revolver and looking forward to a report.

I've been thinking about the R35102, the 2" blued 5-shot chambered in 38 Spl +P. You see I have about a thousand 38 Spl +P cases that a fellow gave me, plus I have 38 Spl dies and it just doesn't seem right to shoot these things through my Taurus 605. I mean, what respectable 357 Mag wants a bunch of 38 Spls sent through it!
R35102.jpg
Anywho... Academy has the R35102 in stock, I guess revolvers aren't flying out the door like semi-autos so I'm thinking about it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

welcome and please report to us your findings with this gun looks nice
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
WiCK3D_SiX

Post by WiCK3D_SiX »

Looks like the revolver is going back before I ever shoot it. Did a function test today (empty cylinder and dry fire once in SA once in DA) and the hammer wont pull back. So it's going back.

Dustin
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

WiCK3D_SiX wrote:Looks like the revolver is going back before I ever shoot it. Did a function test today (empty cylinder and dry fire once in SA once in DA) and the hammer wont pull back. So it's going back.
Just a quick suggestion; take the Taurus Security System key, lock and unlock the hammer (page 13 Owner's Manual). The manual also says not to dry fire it?
Michael
WiCK3D_SiX

Post by WiCK3D_SiX »

Ranch Dog wrote:
WiCK3D_SiX wrote:Looks like the revolver is going back before I ever shoot it. Did a function test today (empty cylinder and dry fire once in SA once in DA) and the hammer wont pull back. So it's going back.
Just a quick suggestion; take the Taurus Security System key, lock and unlock the hammer (page 13 Owner's Manual). The manual also says not to dry fire it?
I've tried pretty much everything. No luck. It's a gritty feeling during trigger pull. Just gonna go get my Glock back. I wont put up with having to baby a gun that I depend my life on.

Dustin
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Well sorry to hear, please keep us up to date so others can learn. Please post your ship date so we can have a log of return warranty repair time for this situation.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
WiCK3D_SiX

Post by WiCK3D_SiX »

I'll be giving the Rossi back to the dealer for another gun. When my life is on the line I don't give second chances. If he figures out what's wrong I'll let you guys know.

Dustin
WiCK3D_SiX

Post by WiCK3D_SiX »

Timing was off

Dustin