Wood Bore Wars

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Wood Bore Wars

Post by Moon Tree »

Every now and then opportunity presents itself to have a little fun. Such was the case this afternoon while I was working on the dog kennel in attempts to keep Daisy from climbing out and eating any more chickens. A wood bore became WAY TO ANNOYING. Sure, I could have grab the bug stray or picked up a tennis racket, but I could hear my Ruger Bearcat begging to come out and play.

With the deliberation of Josey Wales I loaded all 6 chambers with rat-shot. Music from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly was playing in my head as I stepped out into the yard at high noon, determined to rid this yard of those buzzing scoundrels.

I will admit that I missed the first 3 shots. In the heat of buzzing wings and buzzing bullets, I didn’t get my front sight in the rear notch properly. I shot high. But, those shot were close enough to send yellow streak down their fuzzy backside.

I took advantage of lull in the fight to reload. I spun the cylinder and closed the loading gate just as 3 ruffian bees came flying by. They were flying and fighting is a tight ball. I’m guessing it was argument over a card game of slap yellow jack(et) or a dance hall honey bee. At the crack of my trusty six gun, all three fell to the ground. Bad Bart Bee got airborne again, but drop within 6 feet, succumbing to his wounds.

I noticed bees coming to check out Bart’s lifeless body. I shot one who showed some attitude. Two bees got into a fight over Bart; about 2 feet over him to be exact. I believe they were fighting over his bee-bee gun. My Bearcat growled and both hit the dirt.

When the chambers were emptied, 9 wood bore laid belly up. Peace was restored in my backyard. I spat on Bart as I reloaded.

Sheriff Buzz-Kill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.
9x80Drilling

Re: Wood Bore Wars

Post by 9x80Drilling »

Moon, as I believe I've noted before, your well-written story-telling is engaging, and entertaining to the point of be(e)ing hilarious at times.
Keep 'em coming.
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Moon Tree »

Thanks Drilling you comments are greatly appreciated.
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.
jdl447

Post by jdl447 »

Waw

Waw

Waw
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I have no idea what kind of bugs you're talking about.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Moon Tree »

Wood bores are a little bigger than bumble bees and they bore holes in wood. They are very annoying and can cause major structural damage to wooden structures.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Great way to deal with the WBs and great story telling!
Michael
ksmoose

Post by ksmoose »

Another enjoyable read Moon. I have always used a tennis racket but your new method sounds like way more fun. I am going to give it a try when they begin to appear on my farm.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Great shooting and great story as always +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

AKA carpenter bees, wish I could use this here but don't think next door neighbors would approve.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image