Vagaries of reloading

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Idaho Spud

Vagaries of reloading

Post by Idaho Spud »

Following shows that you just never know....

Bought some coated bullets from SNS casting: 158 gr. RNFP, 130 gr. RNFP for use in Rossi 357. Also, some 100 gr. 38's to try in my Colt 380 Gov't.

The 158's (very short, flat nose) were to be used in 357 brass. Wouldn't feed, but worked perfectly in 38 Spec brass. These would work when crimped over the front driving band in 357's, though.

The 130's were to be used in 38 brass. Wouldn't feed, but functioned perfectly in 357 brass.

The 100's couldn't be seated deep enough to use in the Colt, but worked perfectly in my LCP. None of these will go to waste, of course, but just goes to show. BTW, these 100's and 130s will work in my 9mms also. As you may notice, I do like to experiment. So it goes....

BTW, I run these coated bullets used in 380/9mm thru a 356 Lyman sizer die which yields .357, which I prefer.
Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put....W. Churchill
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vagaries of reloading

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeah, exactly as it usually goes.
Michael
Idaho Spud

Post by Idaho Spud »

It's not always what you're expecting, but still good. Better'n golf. :)
Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put....W. Churchill
btoran

Post by btoran »

sounds like we have the same sns coated bullets. mine load, chamber and fire fine in 357 brass. go figure.
Bruce

Rossi R92 16" SS .357
Lee Classic Turret Press

Don't eat anything bigger than your head!
Idaho Spud

Post by Idaho Spud »

btoran wrote:sounds like we have the same sns coated bullets. mine load, chamber and fire fine in 357 brass. go figure.
The 158 gr. bullet was the real surprise. I fully expected it to work in 357 brass, considering the short OAL with it. It was really a toss-up with their other 158 gr. RNFP (looks longer, pointier) which I may try next time. I'm glad I only bought 500, but they work fine in 38's and I can single load for plinking if I want. Fact is they all work in my various revolvers, so not a big problem at all.