Henry is doing it up!

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Henry is doing it up!

Post by Archer »

10 lugged rotary bolt just screams BLR to me.

I've got the short barreled .308 BLR takedown and it is quite nice. I bought it even though it was a short barrel and I have a sort of aversion to going too short in rifles because it was a good deal and as my little sister might say 'so cute!'

As for the loading gate, IMO NOT having a loading gate and having to load the gun by pulling out a spring tube assembly is a bit of a PITA. I am not exactly enamored of the idea in .22 LR but I can accept it. For my cowboy assault rifle I want to be able to top off if required and I don't want to be fumbling with a ramrod like spring tube.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

If there was a new Henry chambered in 308 Win available, right now, I would buy it. I sat around waiting for over a year for the H010 45-70 Govt and ended up buying a Rio Grande. Look where that got me!
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I decided to contact Henry about the Long Ranger and I received an immediate reply. The 308 Win will be the first out of the factory and should be at dealers by mid-summer!
Michael
alphalimafoxtrot

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Yep, that .308 was the one I was immediately interested in as well, Michael!

Adam Lee
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Whups, looks like I misread the bolt lug count and Browning just says 'multi' currently.
The MSRP is about $200 less than the BLR SS lightweight takedown OR $70 higher than the BLR lightweight in blue OR on par with the pistol grip BLR in blue.

I'd take one of the Henry's in EACH of the calibers.

The BLR supposedly is available in several additional calibers, of the ones currently listed I'd not turn down the three the Henry claims plus the .30-06, 270 Win and .300 Win Mag. I seem to recall they once upon a time listed .45-70 as well but I've never seen one up close.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I am excited to find one local and look it over.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

If I ask my dealer will probably get one asap but that could still be a while.
He got a .357 big boy steel frame rather quickly before I knew they were going to do one.
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Good morning
Henry is a good one for communication. 10 years ago I contacted 3 lever gun producers about shooting 44 Russian in their 44 mag rifles. Henry was the only responder the next day. They ordered 2 boxes of 44 Russian from Navy Arms and ran 100 rounds through a just produced rifle. Had my answer in one week. The standard Henry 44 mag cycled and fired all 100 without any hiccups.
That says a lot to my little thinker. Now if I can just get my timing a bit better and snag one of those 41"s.
Mike in Peru... 2 more days.
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
Hombre

Post by Hombre »

I've got an early Belgium made Browning BLR in .308, love it. Light, short, accurate, and powerful, best woods gun ever.

If only Henry would make their magazines to fit the Browning. ;)
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ranch Dog wrote:I decided to contact Henry about the Long Ranger and I received an immediate reply. The 308 Win will be the first out of the factory and should be at dealers by mid-summer!
Well, I gave up on Henry and the Long Ranger. They said mid-summer and by my calendar that has come and gone. Spent my money on a rifle I've always wanted to own.

It is a Navy Arms/Gibbs Summit which was a SMLE No. 4 MK1, sporterized and chambered in 45-70 Govt. Not a levergun but the Henry didn't show and this like new bolt rifle did. If you know me, I will probably have a scout mount made for it, put a Weaver K4 Scout on it, and go find a nilgai to shoot at.
Michael