Henry's new 41 mag

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
triggerpull

Re: Henry's new 41 mag

Post by triggerpull »

For what it's worth--so far I haven't been able to get the same accuracy out of my Henry that I get from my rossi 44 mag 16" carbine--but that one took me a while to "work the kinks out" --ao maybe the Henry will to over time. The trigger pull, however, is heavy enough that a steady shot is very difficult for me to get off. The rossi's stock trigger pull is significantly lighter.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Hopefully it will come around. I wonder what it would take to lighten the trigger. Probably about like a 336 action, which equates to little adjustment.
Michael
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
It looks as though the price on GB has stabelized at $699. Still about $30 more than the 44's and 45's...
Then I got word the LGS I have traded at 42 years was investigated by the booze bums and had their FFL pulled. No word if it will ever reopen. That sure threw a kink in my caliber 41 purchase.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
triggerpull

Post by triggerpull »

Used the "ranch dog special" collet crimp die today for the first time--works GREAT producing perfect straight-walled bulge-less cartridges. : )
triggerpull

Post by triggerpull »

I'm sad to report that after returning two rifles to Henry--I simply couldn't get the 41 mag to group worth a darn--bore fouling was virtually instantaneous with just a few shots before accuracy went to heck. I don't know if this was due to rough finishing, tight constriction or possibly both--but I simply wasn't willing to tough it out with a rifle that cost me nearly $900. To their credit--Henry refunded my purchase without a fuss.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Wow, that is sad. I've just started looking at them again but will drop it and have my notices arranged for the Long Range. Kind of seals it for the 41 Mag. The Marlin 1894FG was very simple with cast.
Michael
triggerpull

Post by triggerpull »

I wouldn't necessarily judge them based on my experience alone--I asked them if anyone else had similar issues and they said so far nobody else had reported anything like what I experienced--so maybe I just had bad luck.