Need another

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
ksmoose

Need another

Post by ksmoose »

I have my R92 .357, a 72 Win 94 .30-30 and my .22 plinker , a Henry. I am kind of a .22 mag fanatic and am really considering a .22 mag Henry. Had a Marlin 57m years ago and sold it in a weak moment to a friend, but it was hammerless. I like the western style with an external hammer. I like the feel and accuracy of the Henry, others thoughts will be appreciated.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Need another

Post by akuser47 »

I like henry golden boys look nice but scopeing and cheek weild is tuff with the stock they use. their standard is not bad at all. If ammo is around I wouldnt heitate.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

For the money, Henry's are hard to beat. I had a couple of .22s for awhile - an H001 and an H001T. I really wish I would have kept the octagon barrel one. We were using them for silhouette shooting and they are little light for that. For hunting and plinking, they're great. Some folks criticize them because the receiver cover isn't steel. That wasn't a problem for me. The actions are smooth, trigger pulls aren't bad and they are accurate. The .22 WMR's (H001M) have a grooved receiver for scope mounting.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I've got the .22 S/L/LR in the octagonal with the black receiver and it is the way to go.

IF you muck up the finish on the receiver cover then Cerakote it and keep going.
Haven't got there yet about the Cerakoting and I've got a Win 9422M so I haven't gotten the Henry Maggie but I want one just like my octagonal for a matched pair.

I MIGHT even upgrade the wood to checkered at some point.