The Miroku "Japchester" siblings

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: The Miroku "Japchester" siblings

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:I suspect at this purchase price level if something isn't right they will make it right.
I think Winchester/Miroku subscribes to the "get it right the first time" philosophy and Quality Control Inspector is an actual funded position at the Miroku factory.
I don't have a dedicated Winchester tool box to date not even for my 50+ year old heirloom legacy 94s which never break or malfunction. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
KS95B40

Post by KS95B40 »

All of the Miroku made "Winchesters" and Brownings that I have ever had the opportunity to handle looked great. I haven't seen one so far that I wouldn't like to own. The problem is they are just too far above my pay grade.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

I bought one of the older production Browning 1886 SRC used in box out of Cabela's 'gun library about a year and a half back.

These really a sweet gun. Also a gun I had lusted for when they were making them back in the 1990's and couldn't afford!
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
I have one of the "jap" 86 Light weights also. Very well made and assembled. Shoots fantactic with all the cast I have tried up to 405 grains. I have not tried to max it out but it has all the thump I could need for any critter that might lurk the east ILLinois swamps I hunt when up north there.
Light, fast and easy to carry with a receiver sight. Happily I got mine about 10 years ago when few people seemed real interested and the wholesalers were selling them cheap.
My favorite carry about for anything load is a 350 grainer at 1700 fps. Cast of 50-50 it will expand on any critter weighing 50 pounds.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.