Holstering Large Revolvers such as 4" and 6"

Rossi's classic designs for home and self defense, hunting, or range work.
craiginct

Holstering Large Revolvers such as 4" and 6"

Post by craiginct »

I have noticed miscellaneous complaints about finding holsters for one's medium and large frame revolvers. I solved that when I recently came across www.StonerHolsters.com

I own a Taurus Model 66, 7-shot, 357cal revolver with 6" barrel. It's a great size for hunting, but I also wanted to be able to take it with me anywhere. I also own a S&W Model 19-3, 6-shot, 357 cal revolver with 4" barrel. Both of these are, of course, heavy, and for years I used a generic fabric holster, but that was seldom comfortable. Well, I finally tried Stoner Holsters. The folks at www.StonerHolsters.com give the customer quite an array of options for how we want a holster built for a specific pistol or revolver. If you don't see what you want or have trouble figuring out their menus, give them a call or email them.

Since I carry all my pistols and revolvers IWB, I elected to have deep-cover, over-the-belt, clip-on, holsters built for me. I also carry Left-handed, Right-handed, and in the small of my back, just to change it up. The Stoner Model 415 has proven to be comfortable in all positions and has a nice tail to separate me and the gun in its deep cover position. Even that BIG Taurus 66 is virtually invisible when I wear my shirts over my pants, with virtually no printing through the shirt or pants. That one DOES carry better on the side than at my back since the barrel is so long, but the S&W 19-3 is not a problem in any IWB carry position with my deep-cover IWB Stoner 415.

...AND, their beautiful workmanship should last a lifetime!!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Holstering Large Revolvers such as 4" and 6"

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for the report. They do have some nice looking holsters!
Michael
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Holstering Large Revolvers such as 4" and 6"

Post by Archer »

Always on the lookout for decent holsters.

After starting my .357s with a Model 686, a Colt Python and a GP100 the model 19 Smith is a breath of fresh air in a LIGHT revolver. Goes double when you compare it to the Smith Model 27.

I usually use a Binachi 111 as a belt holster for the revolvers in the field. It works well for both the .357s and the .44s and can be worn strong side or cross draw.

If I'm thinking concealed then the semis tend to have the edge. I think the only IWB holsters I have are for a officer's sized 1911 variant and I might have a small Uncle Mike's clip holster that the S&W 49 would fit into. I have zero interest in carrying the L frame and larger revolvers IWB and very little in carrying the K frames there.