Brand New Rio Grande - Rear Stock Broken

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Brand New Rio Grande - Rear Stock Broken

Post by pricedo »

As I've said in a few posts I've been dealing in Rossis for years.
The normal expectation of a perfect product NIB doesn't apply to Rossis.
If I found (I won't buy a Rossi sight unseen) a gun on the rack with just a minor cosmetic defect like a cracked stock I'd consider myself lucky and use the defect as leverage to bargain for a substantial discount and take it home and fix it. In the case of a cracked stock I'd need a drill, some high grade epoxy, a tune of walnut color touch up varnish, a couple of twist nails to use as pins to join reinforce the stock, sand paper and a clamp and 1/2 hour at the most to fix and a night to cure.
Rossi's customer service track record hasn't been great or even acceptable in my experience.
I know a chap who was caught in a (Rossi <> his house) multi-return time loop for over a year and the gun was finally returned for a refund.
If the defect is small fix it yourself and if it's a major defect get a refund right away rather than play Rossi's version of ping pong for months.
Even better, do as I do and pick your Rossi gun off a rack and fully inspect and function test it before leaving the FFLs premises.
There's a reason a Rossi 92 costs $400 and a new Winchester, Pedersoli, Chiappa or Turnbull costs several times that amount.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
stuberr

Post by stuberr »

All,

Still waiting on an unfired brand new gun to return to me......I'll never buy Rossi again!

This sucks...sorry I'll go back to sleep till it arrives...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...huh...nope... not yet..ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Rich
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

stuberr wrote:All,

Still waiting on an unfired brand new gun to return to me......I'll never buy Rossi again!

This sucks...sorry I'll go back to sleep till it arrives...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...huh...nope... not yet..ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Rich
Rossis are a hands-on "kit" gun and that's great for tinkerers like me.
If you want a levergun that's going to work perfectly out of the box first time out dig a little (a lot :shock: ) deeper into your pocket for more cash and get a Chiappa, Wild West Guns, new Miroku built Winchester, Pedersoli or a Turnbull.
Buying a Rossi or a post Remington takeover Remlin is a shot in the dark proposition.
You could wind up with a jewel if you're lucky or a piece of junk if you ain't.
Top brand guns are 3-4X the price of Rossis.........there's a reason for that. :o
Occurrences of crazy glued scope bases, forearms torqued into place using vices & wrenches, actions full of rust, metal grindings & dirt NIB are as common as seagulls at a garbage dump. :D
Rossis..........you either luv em or hate em right off the bat.
I luv em.......I don't know why.......but I do. There's no fool like an old fool. :lol:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I still would have sent it back but I would be pressing them for a replacement. I would call them everyday and talk to a supervisor not a agent. Every day.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

stuberr wrote:All,

Rich
Let us know which arrives first.......the gun or your first old age social security check. :lol:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
stuberr

Post by stuberr »

Rossi wants to replace the RG.

I want the gun I purchased(9/11/12) fixed so I may shoot it for the first time this year.

Never will I speak of Rossi with a kind word.

rich
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

stuberr wrote:Rossi wants to replace the RG.

I want the gun I purchased(9/11/12) fixed so I may shoot it for the first time this year.

Never will I speak of Rossi with a kind word.

rich

Forget about Rossi "customer disservice" :( and fix that stock yerself if you want to shoot the gun during this lifetime. :mrgreen:
If the rest of the gun is good you've beat the odds. :D
Amadeo>>>>>>LSI>>>>>>>>Braztech........nuthin ever changes (except the price) :x .........same ole........same ole. :roll:
Every new Rossi is a crapshoot. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
stuberr

Post by stuberr »

Received the RG today with replacement stock..took almost 3 months..first look..it's a rough fit and not as near as nice as the original. But this I can shoot!

I'll send pics if anyone wants them...maybe some range time this weekend if I'm lucky...

rich
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

stuberr wrote:Received the RG today with replacement stock..took almost 3 months..first look..it's a rough fit and not as near as nice as the original. But this I can shoot!

I'll send pics if anyone wants them...maybe some range time this weekend if I'm lucky...

rich
Glad to hear it is back Rick, that was really bad advice I gave suggesting you send it back. I won't do it again, sorry about that.
Michael
stuberr

Post by stuberr »

Michael,

Nope...I was going to send it back cause I believe they should see first hand what the factory is pushing out the door.

Plus, it FORCED me to get a 1895GS with a (jm) on the barrel while I was waiting...so don't feel bad about my idle time

Thanks,

Rich